Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day at the Ponies

A day at the race track is a perfect opportunity to wear a summer suit, linen or seersucker, a straw fedora or panama hat and country shoes (saddle shoes, bucks, etc.) or loafers.

The track is a great place to flaunt the ridiculous, yet make it seem normal. Once again, confidence is the key to pulling off a look that in the city would receive snickers and whispers. But at the track the outfit feels natural and fits into the environment just like blondes in Orange County.

I have to confess, I am in the gray hat and navy blazer (pictured). Not captured in this photo, I am also wearing tan and white seersucker slacks and a blue & white web belt.

I will be posting some more stellar outfits, as I see them. The rest of the outfits will be stellar, I am certainly not saying that mine is stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment